Here at Rural Roosts, we aim to provide our guests with a calming, relaxing natural environment for fishing. These simple fishing rules have been put in place to help those who have come to us for a fishing holiday. No matter what your skill level, we hope you have a brilliant time on the lakes while staying with us!
- Please use the shed to store your fishing tackle
- No keep nets
- No carp sacks
- Strictly barbless hooks only
- Please use the landing nets that are provided in the shed at the back of your lodge (please ensure they are left where you found them and in good order at the end of your stay ready for the next guest) If you require more nets please let us know.
- Larger landing nets provided at reservoir
- No peanuts
- No tiger nuts
- Ground bait in feeders and pole cup only
- Free offerings in moderation
- No lead core leaders
- No fixed leads
- No braided mainline
- All fish to be returned to the lake
- Please do not leave rods or equipment unattended at any time
- Night fishing is permitted on Lodge Lake only, but please respect other guests by keeping noise and light to a minimum.
- Fishing in Lodge Lake is included in price of holiday (max 2 rods per person).
- Fishing in Specimen Carp Lake (Reservoir) is now also included in the price of your stay, 7am – 9pm (All equipment to be removed by 9pm, nothing to be left overnight).
- We reserve the right to close either lake for routine maintenance / survey etc. Guests will be informed in advance of this happening.
- Most importantly of all, please look after our fish; please let us know if you find any fish that are not in good health. Should you have any concerns / questions, please contact Tim : 07887 533852.
THESE WATERS ARE SUBJECT TO ENVIRONMENT AGENCY CHECKS.
ALL ANGLERS SHOULD BE IN POSSESSION OF AN E.A. ROD LICENSE.
These can be purchased at most post offices our nearest is: Bardney Post Office
Have you had a look at our Guests Photo Gallery? It’s a brilliant showcase of some of the lovely fish you can catch in our lake…and our lovely fisher-men and women! It just goes to show that rain or shine, the people who fish at Rural Roosts have a brilliant time! Click Here to go back and have a look.