October 1 every year marks the anniversary of the Lincolnshire Rising – a revolt by Catholics against the establishment of the Church of England by Henry VIII in 1536.
Locals and visitors can celebrate all things Lincolnshire throughout the county and in Lincoln city, with local markets in Lincoln and money off some of the city’s top attractions on the county’s official day – October 1st.
- Free entry to Lincoln Cathedral
- Free guided tours of the Lincoln Castle grounds
- Free local history afternoon at The Collection, part of Lincoln Book Festival
- A Lincolnshire Food Festival at St Marks Shopping Centre
- 20% off local produce at Lincolnshire Co-Op stores if you are wearing Yellow(belly) clothing
- POP OUT Festival at Lincoln Performing Arts Centre, including fantastic shows and free family activities
- A Ghost Bus Tour of Lincoln in the evening, led by a local ghost expert
- The Lincoln Half Marathon through the city centre on Sunday 2nd October
- 20% off bookings for Lincoln created shows at Lincoln Performing Arts Centre