(Photo courtesy of Visit Lincolnshire)
During your stay at Rural Roosts’ dog-friendly, luxury self-catering lodges near Lincoln, after a day of fishing and relaxing, why not discover the heroes of Lincolnshire at museums across Lincoln including Magna Carta, the birth certificate of Australia and other rare artefacts from around the world?
Highlight artefacts include:
- The 1225 Magna Carta from the National Archives, sat alongside Lincoln’s 1215 Magna Carta at Lincoln Castle
- The 1804 map of Australia drawn by Matthew Flinders, known as the birth certificate of Australia
- Many paintings by the artist George Stubbs, who worked on his famous Anatomy of the Horse whilst in Lincolnshire
- Topographical paintings, including the extraordinary Louth Panorama, from artists such as JMW Turner, LS Lowry, De Wint and Girton
- Other material relating to the Kings Champion, a title which the Dymoke family have held since the 14th century.
Many of these treasure have never been seen in Lincolnshire before and many will never be again – don’t miss this once in a lifetime exhibition. Check Rural Roosts’ availability for later in the year. For more information, have a look at the Visit Lincoln website.